Vending operations during ‘Lockdown 3’
(Updated 11 January 2021)
In order to keep our valued customers (who are continuing to perform essential work) refreshed and hydrated, we will be performing some service visits and deliveries, but on a significantly reduced schedule until the government relaxes the current lockdown restrictions.
Based on current industry advice, our belief is that vending services provided in a safe and controlled manner should prove to be a positive resource in workplaces – staff can purchase refreshments from vending machines without the need to travel into uncontrolled environments during the work-day, which should also help with social distancing.
Please see our Covid Risk Assessment for vending machine service visits, which provides details of our risk mitigation measures while performing on-site work.
Our key risk-mitigation measures:
We are continuing to ask our customers and clients to respect our social distancing requirements when our operators are on-site. We are maintaining our social distance requirement at 2 metres. If a 2 metre social distance is not feasible in your workplace, we will not be able to attend.
- Service visits by appointment only (or a pre-agreed schedule with site management with procedures in place for our visits)
- Gloves worn by LC Vending operators at all times while on customer sites
- Face coverings worn by LC Vending operators at all times while on customer sites
- Carrying increased amounts of surface sanitising fluids, wipes and gloves for working on vending equipment
- Carrying hand gels and sanitising wipes in each vehicle for operator use before and after site visits
- Maintaining social distancing – we will maintain a 2 metre minimum radius between our personnel and any staff or visitors on-site. We are asking customers to please help in this regard by informing your employees of this policy
- Mandating our staff not attend work if they or a member of their household has developed any symptoms based on PHE guidance
- Minimising travel wherever possible
- Advising our operator personnel of good hygiene precautions and, in particular, appropriate steps to take when visiting customer sites
- Halting all face-to-face meetings and performing these via video chat where possible
Getting back to normal operation
While lockdown restrictions are in place, our service operations will continue but on a reduced schedule. If you have queries or an urgent service requirement, please email us at email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible. We have taken the decision to again suspend all new equipment deliveries and installations until the restrictions are relaxed. For those customers affected, we will be in contact soon to rearrange deliveries.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any matters relating to the Coronavirus outbreak – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
Stay safe.From all at LC Vending
For previous Covid-related response, please see our previous updates.